Dedication

Over the years, I have often wondered where I came from to help me become who I am today. There is absolutely no doubt that our personalities are a composite of our ancestry and our experiences in life. Experiences are something that you go through personally, and have an idea of why they affect you the way they do. Your ancestry, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter. Your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. are all an integral part of your DNA. You can neither choose it nor abandon it; your family is part of who you are more permanently than any tattoo will ever be.

My family was chosen for me from before time by our gracious and loving God, and God chose them perfectly for me. And no matter how dysfunctional we may ever seem, God also chose us for those who come after us.

This compilation of the crazy and loving things that your ancestors did will help you understand a little better who you are, and that your nutty ways are nothing compared to what you came from. My daughter, I love you dearly, and these are the stories of your life, and dedicated entirely to you.

Comments