Epilogue

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name.


John 20:30-31

Doubting Thomas
Giovanni Serodine, 1620's

The gospel writer who penned the Gospel of John apparently knew so much more that could have been shared about Jesus, his ministry, and his life. However, he felt like he had accomplished an appropriate sampling to give a complete and accurate picture of all that Jesus was about so that belief would be fostered. I have pretty much reached the same conclusion with respect to the stories about my family.

The image that I have in my mind of each of my grandparents, and those that assumed that role in my life, is one of tremendous love and care. Each of them helped make me who I am, and each of them continue to be part of what it means to be my daughter and the generations that will follow her.

I have no doubt that these stories will raise the memories of other stories in myself and family members who enjoy these stories with me. These are OUR stories. These are the legacy that we pass to our children, grandchildren, and countless generations to follow. Our stories are healing. Our stories are our heritage. Our stories will give our children’s therapists material to work with to help them recover.

I offer these stories contained here to my family. You are more precious to me than any of the words contained here will ever convey.  But, these are offered that you may come to believe in the incredible family that we have.

Comments